Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Duua for worries and debt

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (radhiAllaahu 'anhu) reported,
"One day the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) entered the Masjid.
He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) saw there a man from the Ansar called Abu Umamah.
He(sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) asked, 'What is the matter with you
that I see you sitting in the masjid when it is not the time of prayer.
' He replied, 'I am very much worried and in great debt, O Messenger of Allah!'
The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said,


'Let me teach you words to say so that
Allah will remove your worries and settle your debt?'


He exclaimed, 'Of course, O, Messenger of Allah.'
The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said,
'Say in morning and evening,


Allahumma innee a`udhu bika mina al-hamm wal hazan
wa a`udhu bika mina al-`ajzi wa al-kasal
wa a`udhu bika mina al-jubun wa al-bukhl
wa a`udhu bika min ghalabati al-dayni wa qahri al-rrijaal


"O Allah, I seek refuge in You from all worry and grief. I seek refuge in You from
incapacity and slackness. I seek refuge in You from cowardice and niggardliness,
and I seek refuge in You from being overcome by debt and being subjected to men".
' The man said, 'When I did that, Allah removed all my worries and settled my debt'."


(Abu Daw'ud)

No comments:

Post a Comment