Monday, December 3, 2012

Disobeying ALLAH in Private

Narrated Abdullah ibn Zayd ibn Aslam, from his father, from his grandfather, who said:-
 
 
When I was accompanying `Umar ibn al-Khattab (Radi Allahu ‘Anhu) on his patrol of Madinah at night, he felt tired, so he leant against a wall.
 
It was the middle of the night....
 and (we heard) a woman say to her daughter:-
 
“O my daughter, get up and mix that milk with some water.” {!!!}
 
The girl answered:-
 
'O Mother~ did you not hear the decree of Amir al-Mu’minin today?”
 
 
The mother answered:-
 
“What was that?”
 
The girl said:-
 
'He ordered someone to announce in a loud voice that milk should not be mixed with water.'
 
The mother then said:-
 
'Get up and mix the milk with water!
you are in a place where `Umar cannot see you.'
 
The girl told her mother:-
 
'I cannot obey Allah in Public
and Disobey Him in Private !”
 
 
'Umar (Radi Allahu ‘Anhu) heard this,
and told me:-
 
 
“O Aslam, go to that place and see who that girl is, and to whom she was speaking, and whether she has a husband.”
 
 
So I went to that place, and I saw that she was unmarried, the other woman was her mother, and neither of them had a husband.
 
 
I came to `Umar (Radi Allahu ‘Anhu) and told him what I had found out.
 
He called his sons together, and said to them:-
 
'Do any of you need a wife,
so I can arrange the marriage for you?
 
 
'If I had the desire to get married,
I would have been the first one to
marry this young woman !'
 
 
`Abdullah said:- “I have a wife.
 
`Abd al-Rahman said:- “I have a wife'.
 
`Asim said:-
I do not have a wife ~ so let me marry her.”
 
 
So `Umar (Radi Allahu ‘Anhu) arranged for her to be married to `Asim.
 
A Lil Note :-
 
She gave him a daughter ~ who grew up to be {?}
 
the Mother of ....
Umar ibn `Abd al-`Aziz (rahimahullah) !
 
 
"So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom, shall see it.
And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom, shall see it.”
 
[Source:-'Quran' ~99~ Surat ~ Al-Zalzalah: A # 7-8]

No comments:

Post a Comment